Osteoporosis of the Spirit
I had that… Life was just beating me down to the point wherein I was completely operating in a state of deficiency and my spirit was brittle, fragile and full of the holes of defeat.
Breakage was eminent and weakness ruled, because God had showed me some things that He was going to do, but yet He’s tarrying. He allowed it to beat me until I realized that no matter what I see or how I feel about my current situation, He is still going to do just what He said that He would do.
Thank you Lord for the shot of Calcium and Vitamin Destiny to my Spirit! I am standing upright once again in Faith.
Satan (the stumbling block) has been very successful in his campaign to divide the church by denominations and Mega Church’s vs. the Storefront church’s. He has gotten the minds of the people off of God and lovers of themselves, and in each individual church; now it’s no longer about souls but how big the church and the congregation is or how we can be entertained? The Church has become a spectacle and no longer a true house of worship. The salt has lost its savor and the light on the hill has been extinguished.
We are too busy in-fighting among each other rather than fighting the real enemy – Really? Must we make it that easy for him? A house divided against itself can not stand!
How did Oprah reach god-like status in the millions of people’s mind? She gave. All she did was give & people translated that as god-like.
What more does our Father in Heaven have stored up for those who love and seek Him. Church’s of this world have the power to do more and reach more than Oprah, but they are alienating people because they are not honoring God by giving to the poor, the widows and orphans; everyone is out for themselves. Are we really going to let Oprah out do the church?
There is only One Super Soul and His name is Christ Jesus and if we lift Him up, He will do the hard work of drawing the souls to Himself. He will do greater than entertain you, He will sustain you and bless you down to your soul.
Let’s get back to being about our Father’s business… And it’s an everyday battle, not only on Sunday.
- The use of mobile phones continues to grow as mobile phones move from the perceived “Yuppie Device” to an essential consumer product vs. 2017 More than half the world now uses a smartphone; Almost two-thirds of the world’s population now has a mobile phone;More than half of the world’s web traffic now comes from mobile phones.
- The Euro falls to record low against the US dollar vs. 2017The euro was worth $1.16 on July 25, 2017. It meant that one euro could buy 16 cents more in goods and services than one dollar could. This is higher than the $1.05 it was January 6, 2017. And it’s still low compared to 2014 when it could buy $1.37.
- Microsoft chairman Bill Gates steps aside as chief executive and promotes company president Steve Ballmer to the position vs. 2017 John Thompson (a black man) is the current Chairman of the software juggernaut.
- Cuban exile Elián González returns to Cuba following a Supreme Court order vs. 2017 A U.S. embargo barring normal tourism to the Communist-run island, Americans are nonetheless streaming into their Caribbean neighbor in unprecedented numbers via a proliferating variety of legal and not-so-legal means.
- Tiger Woodsbecome the first golfer since Ben Hogan in 1953 to win 3 majors in a calendar year. He ties the to-par record for the PGA (-18) with Bob May, and wins in a playoff vs. 2017 It’s been a while. Tiger Woods won his 14th major golf title at the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines Golf Course on June 16, 2008, on the first hole of a sudden-death playoff against Rocco Mediate after the pair remained knotted after a thrilling 18-hole playoff.
- President Kim Dae Jung of South Korea meets Kim Jong-il, leader of North Korea, for the beginning of the first ever inter-Korea summit, in the northern capital of Pyongyang vs. 2017 Fresh tensions between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un have raised fears of a devastating nuclear war between the US and North Korea.
- Controversial US presidential election that was later resolved in the Bush v. Gore Supreme Court Case vs. 2017 Oh, Wait. Maybe It Was Collusion. Did the Trump campaign collude with Russian agents trying to manipulate the course of the 2016 election?
The one thing that you can be sure of is that things will continually change. God, however, is the same yesterday, today and forever – It doesn’t matter what year it is.
What’s more frightening to you now, the Year 2000 or 2017?
Speaking for myself, I realized something very significant today regarding where I am in Christ. You may or may not feel the same as me because you may or may not be where I am in Christ. I realized that I am no longer testing God as Gideon did with the fleece being wet with dew and the ground dry and vice versa the next. I know that God can do it with 300,000 or 300. With God anything is possible and I believe that because I know He has moved mountains for me when it seemed that there was no way out, and yet, here I am today.
Do you believe God can do it or do you know God can do it? All that God has shown me, I believe that He can do it but more importantly, I know that He can do it!
I am the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. You must believe that and you must know that regardless if your foot slips and you veer off of the path; it is still apart of His plan. He knows what we are going to do before we even venture to do it, so it is nothing that we can do, nothing that can separate us from the love of Christ. In order for that to take effect in your life – YOU HAVE GOT TO KNOW THAT…
John 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Jesus The Christ is “The Most Interesting Man In The World”.
I’m feeling a bit parched, how about you?
I must admit that every now-and-again I do allow the thought to enter into my mind or rather creep in, that tells me that I am where I am today in life because I am suffering some consequence of a previous action in my past. And I will be the first to say that it troubles me, because I truly have done enough so far in this life that I would be sentenced to a life of harsh punishment for just a few of the many things that I have done. And, if allowed to sit, stew and mull over it all, I would begin to accept that I should be content with my lot in life.
Thank God for his Holy and Loving Spirit that reminds me that “yes”, I have made some mistakes; costly mistakes that may have set me back because indeed there are consequences to each and every action. Nevertheless, God’s Word says that “all things”, not some things, “are working together for my good.” Our God is Good and He is Faithful! That being said– I take comfort in his Word and what Jesus has suffered, been buried and resurrected for, and that is for me to live this life to its fullest. God will ALWAYS give us what we need, be it a Word, a Way or Provision– This morning I got what I needed and that was his Sure Word.
Isaiah 14:24 – “Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will happen.”
While driving to work I saw a man that I occasionally pass sitting on the bus stop and I thought to myself, “that is how some journey with God.” Buses are better than walking or riding a bike, trains are better than greyhound, rental cars are a bit costlier and we have to pay for fuel, but we get to our destination much sooner. Airplanes will get us the farthest in the shortest amount of time and there are even levels to that– such as coach and first class status.
Then, there are a privileged few who travel by private jets, that come and land when they say so… How would you like to travel in the Lord– plane, train, automobile or even foot or peddle power? Some folk take longer to get where God is leading them because their faith can only go so far and take them so far.
Many, never get off the bus stop. With each upgrade in travel comes an upgrade in faith; to travel the best means possible, also costs a substantial amount more, but with each upgrade the amenities become nicer as well as the destinations– no one gets on a private jet to go across town… people with jets are going places and crossing distances that bus people will never be able to venture to by sheer logistics. Question is: How much are we willing to pay to get to where we want to go? Isn’t it about time to Upgrade!?